Thursday, January 8, 2009

Taxi or Minibus?

Do you take 5? Many times people ask me that question and most of the times, if they have little children (2-5 years) I ask: Where are you going? If it's inside Puerto Rico and I don't have to cross any main road I consider taking them. But if they are going a greater distance or we have to take the main road I will not take that trip. In Spain it is not allowed to take more passengers than seat belts available in the car. If you do them the favor and say yes and one minute later police stops you or you have an accident do you know who is going to be blamed? Yes, me.... Are they going to pay the ticket for being 5? No, I will be the one paying for that as it's me who accepted the trip.
Once I was waiting in the taxi rank in Monte Anfi. Someone with a push chair came to me and said: Taxi? OK! I got out of the car, opened the trunk and put the chair inside. When I got back into my car I saw a man and a child sitting next to me. Huh? What is that? But the main surprise was in the back; I saw 6 heads when I took a look into the mirror. Three adulds each with one child on them.
Sir, this is not possible. I can only take 4 people. He said: Don't worry, we are only going to ArguineguĂ­n.... Sir, you need to take two taxis or are you going to pay for the ticket?
He got very mad and they got out of the car. I could not understand what they were saying to me but I'm sure it was nothing nice....
We are not allowed to take more than four passengers in a regular taxi. In Puerto Rico there are six units that are allowed to take five people so if you need one just look for for them. It's important for your safety!

No comments:

Post a Comment